Two lady owners and an engine installed
Between 1928 and 1931, two ladies are listed as owners in the Lloyds Register of Yachts: Mrs Ellen Margaret Stubbs of Leigh-on-Sea and Mrs Florence E Oliver of Coventry.
There is no record for ‘Cachalot’ in the Lloyds Register of Yachts between 1932 and 1936. The first entry in the Certificate of British Registry lists Jesse Frank Collier, Master Builder from Worthing, Sussex as the owner in March, 1936.
The Certificate also refers to an auxiliary petrol internal combustion engine, 1934, Stuart Turner, 2 cylinder, 6hp. We assume this to be her first auxiliary engine.
The Certificate shows ownership passed to Sir Lancelot Elphinstone on 8 April, 1936,